Surya to Introduce Machine-Made Rugs with Handcrafted Look and Feel at Summer Markets
CARTERSVILLE, Ga. — June 29, 2016 — Surya will debut at Atlanta and Las Vegas a selection of new machine-made rug collections with a handcrafted look. Drawing inspiration from traditional artisan techniques, the diverse collections blend a mix of materials, distinctive textures and updated color palettes to deliver a fresh aesthetic in machine-made rugs.
Collections to be showcased at market include:
- Andromeda – Machine made in India of New Zealand wool and featuring traditional motifs and modern abstract patterns, Andromeda mimics the luxurious drape of a hand-knotted rug.
- Bukhara – Digitally printed in India on a woven nylon base, Bukhara’s overscaled classic designs are brought to life in saturated, high contrast colors for an island-inspired, Boho aesthetic.
- Contempo – Soft blues, grays and taupes are paired with carved classic and contemporary motifs to lend the newest additions to Belgian-made Contempo a chic, sophisticated, feel.
- Kansai – Digitally printed in India on a nylon base with cut pile, Kansai’s richly detailed traditional designs reinterpreted in a palette of muted blues, grays and golds suggest higher end, hand-knotted rugs.
- Paramount – Machine made in Egypt of polypropylene, Paramount’s latest additions feature distressed, partially erased motifs in neutral hues for a vintage look at an accessible price point.
- Steinberger – Constructed in Turkey of polypropylene, Steinberger’s mix of global ikat designs, modern florals and abstract painterly designs in tonal grays, beiges and blues bring a fresh, modern look.
Also being featured are two recently launched machine-made collections from British lifestyle brand Ted Baker:
- DipGeo – Machine made in India of New Zealand wool and high luster Tencel®, DipGeo artfully mingles unexpected color combinations with subtle patterning for a dimensional, ombré look.
- PaisGeo – An oversized paisley motif atop a repeating geometric pattern gives PaisGeo, machine made in India of New Zealand wool and Tencel, a soft, luxurious sheen and timeless, yet current feel.
“Today’s consumers want to create a very personalized look in their spaces, but not everyone has the budget or desire for a hand-knotted rug,” said Satya Tiwari, president, Surya. “As we continue to expand our machine-made rug offering, our product development team has really focused on bringing the hand back into the designs. The resulting collections are beautiful, with the look of higher end hand-knotted rugs, yet are very affordable – making them well suited for a variety of decor needs and lifestyles.”
This summer, attendees will also have the chance to explore Surya’s expanded lighting collection, including fresh looks in concrete, copper, glass, crystal, metallics and mother of pearl, along with a number of new mirror designs in trend forward styles and finishes. More than 30 pillow collections in a broad range of materials and constructions are also set to make their debut.
As always, specially curated vignettes located throughout the Surya showroom will feature the latest home decor trends, providing design inspiration and easy-to-duplicate merchandising ideas.
Market attendees are invited to visit the Surya showroom in Atlanta (AmericasMart 11-A-1) or Las Vegas (WMC C400) from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. daily to explore all of the brand’s latest introductions. Surya will serve a complimentary hot catered breakfast and lunch each day, along with hors d’oeuvres and cocktails each evening.
Surya is the premier one-stop source for coordinating home accessories for a broad range of lifestyles and budgets. An expert at translating the latest apparel and interior design trends, Surya artfully combines color, pattern and texture to offer more than 50,000 fashion forward products, including rugs, pillows, throws, wall decor, accent furniture, lighting, decorative accents and bedding. The brand also provides innovative display, merchandising and training solutions to support retailers in successfully promoting and selling home accessories.Surya has showrooms in Atlanta, Dallas, High Point, Las Vegas, Mexico City, New Delhi and Toronto. To learn more, visit www.surya.com.